Let your children explore, play and develop skills in one (or more) of our fun and engaging short courses for children. All courses are run during the school terms and are designed to help children learn and build upon their skills as they progress through the term program.
Explore our variety of courses available below.
Come and Try classes
Customers can try a class before enrolling for the term. Come and Try classes are available from week three of the term and for first time attendees only. Maximum of two Come and Try classes per term.
$12.60 for toddler and children classes.
City of Joondalup residents or ratepayers who are full-time students, seniors, or have a pension card, are entitled to a 25% discount on Short Courses. Seniors aged 75 years and over are entitled to a 33.33% discount on Short Courses. Proof of residency and proof of entitlement are required. Concession enrolments must be made over the counter.
Credits and Refunds
No credits or refunds will be issued, unless a medical certificate is supplied, or a course is cancelled by the City of Joondalup Leisure Centres. If this occurs, participants will be given prior notice and will be offered a refund, credit or transfer to another course.
Terms and Conditions
The following conditions are applicable to the Leisure Short Courses program at the City of Joondalup Leisure Centres. Your enrolment is referred to as a Short Courses Enrolment.
After receiving the Terms and Conditions, you (the responsible person) have a 48-hour cooling off period if you change your mind, in which you can cancel your Short Courses Enrolment. A refund will be provided upon a written cancellation request provided to the City, less any classes attended during this cooling off period.
Any cancellations outside the 48-hour cooling off period are to be completed as per section “Cancelling your Short Courses Enrolment” of the Terms and Conditions.
- Your Short Courses Enrolment is valid from the commencement date set out in your Short Courses Enrolment email.
- Our Short Courses program is a fixed term program. The duration of each term is outlined in the course details and may vary depending on the course chosen at the time of Short Courses Enrolment.
- At the end of your term enrolment, your place in the course will cease and you will be required to re-enrol into each subsequent term you would like to partake in.
- Courses are subject to change and may vary from each term, including available courses, dates, times and venues.
- You must adhere to the Leisure Centre conditions of entry, displayed at the entrance and throughout the facility.
- We will communicate with you via email, SMS and if subscribed, our monthly e-newsletter.
- Missed classes will not be reimbursed or credited, nor will make-up classes be available.
- Account credits for missed classes will be applied only if a medical certificate is provided.
Cancelling your Short Courses Enrolment
- Account credits can only be issued if a medical certificate is supplied or a course is cancelled by the City of Joondalup Leisure Centres.
- All account credits will expire after 12-months from the date of issue. Account credits can only be used for Leisure Short Courses or Swim School lessons.
- Account credits are non-refundable.
- Any decision pertaining to credits, refunds and/or account adjustments are made at the discretion of the City of Joondalup Leisure Centres and all decisions are deemed final.
Changing your Short Courses Enrolment
- Customers are eligible to change their Short Courses Enrolment booking and transfer to another course if the request is available.
- In the event the price of the new course is less than the amount already paid, an account credit will be applied. All account credits will expire after 12-months from the date of issue. Account credits can only be used for Leisure Short Courses or Swim School lessons.
- In the event the price of the new course is more than the amount already paid, you will be required to make payment of the price difference.
Cancellation of Courses
- The City of Joondalup Leisure Centres reserves the right to alter and/or cancel any course.
- If minimum enrolments are not reached, a course may be cancelled at the discretion of the City of Joondalup Leisure Centres. In the event this occurs, participants will be notified at least 24 hours prior to the start of the course and options will be provided, including transfer of enrolment, account credit or a refund.
- The City of Joondalup Leisure Centres will do its upmost to avoid cancelling classes. At times, however this is unavoidable without prior notice. In the event this occurs, participants will be notified via phone, SMS and/or email at least one hour prior to the class start time. Where possible, a make-up class will be arranged. In the event this is not possible, a credit will be provided.
- All decisions made regarding the cancelling of classes by the City of Joondalup Leisure Centres are deemed final.
Changes to Rules, Terms and Conditions
- We reserve the right to change, modify or update rules and/or terms and conditions relating to your Short Courses Enrolment.
- Any such changes will be made with reasonable notice and displayed in the Leisure Centres and on our website.
- Your personal information will only be used in accordance with our general business objective and to provide you with our services.
To enrol, please call 9400 4600 or visit the City of Joondalup Leisure Centres.