Platinum50+ Adventure offers a wide range of exciting activities and excursions to people aged over 50 years who are:
- residents of the City of Joondalup, or
- a member of the City of Joondalup Leisure Centres.
Proof of residency/membership must be sighted prior to accepting your enrolment.
The program promotes fun, friendship, adventure and independence.
Platinum Adventure Program On Hold
With the safety of customers at the forefront, the City has made a decision to keep the Platinum Adventure program on hold until further notice. View the frequently asked questions below for more information.
Why is the Platinum Adventure program on hold?
The safety of our customers and community remains our priority. The decision has been made considering:
- Our Platinum Adventure participants range from 60 to 97 years of age, with the average participant being 74 years. This age group falls within the high-risk category of the current worldwide health situation, representing a significant risk to the City and most importantly, to our valued customers of this program.
- Western Australia continues to have various restrictions in place, with no timeframe provided by the WA Government for progression out of phased restrictions. This creates uncertainty in organising and delivering a large and complex program involving 50 activities each semester.
- The Platinum Adventure program relies on external service providers to assist in the delivery of activities, with the operations of many of these businesses impacted by the restrictions.
When will the Platinum Adventure program recommence?
At this stage, it is unknown when the Platinum Adventure program will recommence. The City will continue to monitor the advice provided by the WA Government and will conduct its own risk assessment to help inform a future recommencement date.
What other programs does the City provide for over 50s?
The Platinum 50+ Fitness program operates at Craigie Leisure Centre, with 20 classes available each week specifically targeted to those over the age of 50 years. We are currently working to increase the number of Platinum 50+ classes available to more than 30 each week when we introduce a new Platinum 50+ timetable at Craigie Leisure Centre in February 2021. More information about the current timetable can be found here.
The City provides a range of useful information for services and matters of interest to seniors, including social clubs, groups to keep physically and mentally active, as well as community services. Find out more here or call 9400 4000 to get your 55+ Groups and Activities Guide.
How do I stay up to date with the latest information about Platinum Adventure?
Participants who were enrolled in the 2020 program will receive updates via email as more information becomes available. The latest information is also available on our website.
If you have any questions regarding the Platinum Adventure program, please contact us on 9400 4600.
Platinum Adventure Program
Due to the popularity of the Platinum 50+ Adventure program, a special enrolment process is in place to ensure everyone has the opportunity to participate.
- Priority Express Enrolments for the January to June 2020 program for existing customers (those who had been enrolled in activities in the previous program - July to December 2019) are now CLOSED.
- Express Enrolment applications will be processed by early January 2020 with confirmation letters posted immediately after confirming your allocation. Full payment must be made by Sunday 19 January 2020. If payment is not received by this date, your enrolment will be cancelled.
- Enrolments for new customers will open on Monday 13 January 2020.
Activities and excursions cost $13.50 per person. Credits or refunds will only be issued for medical reasons and must be made in writing and be accompanied by a medical certificate.
Each of our adventures now come with a physical rating. This is a handy guide to help you choose the best adventure for you. The ratings below give you an idea of how much physical activity is involved in each adventure.
Low: These adventures are relaxing and designed so you don't have to worry about anything too physically demanding. No physical preparation is required.
Medium: Adventures with this rating involve moderate physical activity that will raise your heart rate a little bit. A good level of health and mobility is required for these events.
High: Our highest physical rating applies to those events which will involve lots of movement and require good to high levels of health and mobility.
To enrol, visit the Leisure Centre - Craigie or for further information phone 9400 4600.