The Terms and Conditions of Hire are written in accordance with the Local Government and Public Property Local Law 2014, which is available for viewing at www.joondalup.wa.gov.au.
- Applications must be lodged via the appropriate City of Joondalup Leisure Centres online Booking Form.
- All applicants must be aged 18yrs and over.
- The approved hirer is responsible for ensuing all relevant insurances required for the booking are obtained and provide copies to the City. Minimum requirement for Public Liability Insurance is $20million.
- The intent of the booking and the responsible individual or organisation must be stated as part of the booking. Any variance from the stated purpose or user group may result in further charges, loss of bond and/or jeopardise future bookings.
- All bookings are tentative until confirmed in writing by the City.
- City of Joondalup Leisure Centres may impose additional Terms and Conditions appropriate to the proposed hire purpose and can refuse an application for hire without assigning any reason for refusal.
- Management reserves the right to request the use of the facility, should it be required for special purposes or one-off events.
- Management reserves the right to cancel any booking. Written notice will be forwarded to you 28 days prior to the date of your event and the full deposit will be refunded.
- All times booked, and any additional time used, must be paid for including setting up and cleaning up of facility (15-minute segments will apply).
- Hire fees are set in accordance with the City's Fees and Charges Schedule.
- Hirer may make application for a transfer to another date without forfeit depending on circumstances and the availability of the facility.
- All regular hirers are required to pay in advance or by invoice at the end of the month.
- Non-payment will result in the termination of the booking.
- When cancelling a booking the hirer must notify the Centre of the cancellation in writing. An administration charge of 20% of the total hire fees will apply to bookings that are cancelled up to 14 days prior to the booking date. No refunds will be given to bookings cancelled within 14 days of the booking date.
- A Bond is required for some bookings, the Facility Bookings Officer will advise it required.
- The bond may be forfeited if the Terms and Conditions are not fulfilled.
- Where an Annual Bond is paid this will be refunded via cheque or bank transfer after 1 December each year, provided the facility is left in a satisfactory condition as determined by the City after each event.
- The bond will be refunded to the person/organisation whose name appears on the bond receipt.
- Crepe paper must not be used in the facility
- Blue or yellow tack and cello tape must not be used in the facility.
- Signs, fittings or structures must not be erected in the Centre.
- Smoke machines and candles must not be used in the Centre.
- Confetti or rice/grains must not be used inside or outside the Centre.
- The approved hirer is responsible for ensuing any electrical equipment used within the facility is in safe working order and tagged and tested by a qualified electrician. Power points and power boards must not be overloaded.
- Live bands and the use of loud musical instruments require special permissions from the City. If you are planning on using music whilst you are utilizing our facilities, you will require the appropriate music licence/s through the Phonographic Performance Company of Australia (PPCA) & the Australasian Performing Right Association (APRA). For more information please refer to their websites: www.ppca.com.au & www.apra-amcos.com.au. It is the applicant's responsibility to ensure that their program/service is licensed appropriately.
- No event or activity that will be in direct competition to the services or products offered at City of Joondalup Leisure Centre, Craigie.
- All City of Joondalup facilities are a smoke free environment. Smoking is strictly prohibited inside the facilities or within the perimeter (10 metres) of any City buildings.
- Emergency Exit doors are only to be used in the event of an emergency and under the direction of staff.
- All tables and chairs must be returned to the storage area. Chairs must be cleaned and stacked in groups of no more than 15 and tables must be cleaned, folded and stored in an upright position.
- Equipment must be set up by a staff member and only equipment directly related to your booking may be used.
City of Joondalup Responsibilities
- Take every reasonable care and preparation to ensure all utilities, services and equipment are in proper working order, but will not accept responsibilities for breakdowns beyond their control.
- Make every effort to provide the hirer with a clean and tidy facility.
- Not be responsible for any damage, theft or loss of items belonging to or responsibility of the hirer.
- All users must abide by the Conditions of Entry, located at the entrance and throughout the facility.
- It is responsibility of the hirer to inspect the facility and ensure suitability prior to making a booking; this includes ensuring they obey the maximum capacity ratings as provided by the City of Joondalup.
- Hirers must show respect and common courtesy for other user groups within the Centre or persons in nearby premises
- The hirer is responsible for behaviour of all persons attending the function or activity
- Hirers are responsible for the insurance of their own equipment or supplies, which are stored or left at the venue
- Hirers are responsible for any public liability in respect to their activity. The City of Joondalup's public liability will only cover injury, loss or damage because of any proven neglect or default of the city for casual users, excluding sporting bodies, clubs, associations, corporations, incorporated bodies or those hiring the facility for profit making purposes.
- Should any accident and/or injury occur in the hired venue because of the hirers function and/or activity or general hire of the venue, City of Joondalup Leisure Centres cannot be held liable under any circumstances.
- Standard supervision and entry charges will be applicable to the Centre. Adherence to all parental supervision guidelines:
- All children under the age of 6yrs must be directly supervised (within arm's reach) by an adult in the water.
- An adult must supervise all children aged less than 11yrs whilst in the Centre.
- Hirer to supply own PA system if required.
- Groups are always to maintain good order and decent behaviour.
Cleaning and Damage
- The approved hirer is financially responsible for any damage to the City property as a result of a booking.
- Repairs are to be carried out only by the City and/or its approved contractors.
- Cleaning products and equipment will be supplied by the City of Joondalup.
- Where the hirer has paid additional for the City cleaners, the hirer is responsible for rubbish removal, cleaning of chair and tables.
- The approved hirer is responsible to ensure the car park is left in a clean tidy condition when hiring Centre after normal operational hours.
- All rubbish is to be removed and put in bins provided.
- Wooden floors are to be swept and mopped of any food and beverage spillage if food is being consumed in area hired.
- Damage to Centre property shall be paid for by any person(s) who willfully or negligently causes damage. Persons are responsible for damaged incurred by dependent guest/children.
- Any damage discovered prior to booking should be reported to reception to ensure that your group will not be held responsible.
Code of Conduct
- Abide by the City of Joondalup Leisure Centres conditions of entry and facility bookings conditions of hire.
- Display and maintain good and decent behaviour and manage the behaviour of those in the group, including not using insulting or abusing language.
- Take direction from City staff.
- Be honest, reasonable, fair and sensitive in dealings with members of the public and staff.
- Give accurate information regarding the City of Joondalup when communicating with members of the user group.
- Are 'fit' to conduct coaching and presenting activities, including not under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- Not play music or use a loud speaker without the permission of the City of Joondalup.
- All hire groups must provide documentation of current public liability insurance coverage prior to a booking being confirmed.
- The Leisure Centre, Craigie has strict parental supervision guidelines and it is essential all user groups follow these guidelines:
- All children under the age of six must be directly supervised by an adult in the water.
- An adult must supervise all children under the age of 11.
- Direct supervision is within an arm's reach of the child
- All non-swimmers will be required to pay the appropriate spectator fee, unless they are a designated coach/teacher (maximum of two per booking).
- Cancellation of any regular booking must be received in writing at least 24 hours before the booking commencement.
Cancellations made with more than 24 hours and less than 14 days' notice will not be invoiced, however they will incur a 20% administration fee. Any cancellations not made prior to 24 hours will be invoiced.
- Management reserves the right to move the booking to an alternative pool, should it be required for special purposes, one-off events or maintenance.
- Access to the aquatic storage facility is to authorised staff and the nominated club official only.
- Entry for groups and schools is to occur through the school's entry point adjacent to the 50m outdoor pool.
- No face painting or temporary hair colours can be worn in any aquatic water bodies.
School Carnival Terms and Conditions
The City of Joondalup Leisure Centre - Craigie has many opportunities for schools from hosting your school carnival.
Our facilities available for hire for schools include:
- 50m outdoor pool
- Aquatic Meeting Room
- Exclusive use of outdoor 50 metre pool, seating and pool concourse
- Exclusive use of outdoor aquatic change rooms (excluding family change rooms)
- Use of meeting room for carnival officers/teachers
- Table and chairs for carnival officials and marshalling
- Set up/pack away completed by Leisure Centre attendants
- PA system, roaming microphone and hand-held starter
- Equipment package available (includes use of noodles, kickboards and other various novelty items)
- Use of starting blocks (deep end, only recommended for proficient divers)
- Exclusive use of outdoor aquatic change rooms
- Backstroke flags, false start rope and 25M rope
- Lifeguard supervision as per RLLSWA guidelines
- Accessible bus access and egress points
- Shaded spectator seating to accommodate 450+ spectators/participants
- Café service provisions and catering upon request
- Use of first aid room for designated first aid officer
- Free entry for timekeepers, parental assistants and official delegates
- Free admission (30) for teaching staff and nominated officials
Fees and Charges
- Full day, 9am to 3pm - $568.80
- Part day, $15.80 per lane per hour/Meeting Room $19.00 per hour
- School entry - $3.50 per student
- Spectator/Non-swimmer fee - $2.00 per person
- Staff and nominated official's free admission for 30 people
A school will require 250 students to book an eight-lane carnival. Please liaise with the Leisure Centres to create the best package for your school.
Smaller schools or groups are also able to hire lanes within the 50m pool for non-exclusive access to the Centre. The Leisure Centre's can arrange for hire of meeting room, table and chairs and an equipment package, excluding false start and 25m ropes.