In December 2019, Joondalup Council agreed to progress the Craigie Leisure Centre refurbishment project to a construction / tender stage.
Which areas of the facility will be redeveloped?
The refurbishment project will result in:
- Relocation and extension of the group fitness studio, wellness studio and cycle studio.
- Relocation and extension of the creche.
- The main gym floor area more than doubling in size from approximately 500sqm to 1,200 sqm.
- New gym toilet and changerooms areas.
- Relocation of the staff room to allow for the cycle studio extension.
- Formalisation of the existing western overflow carpark area, new additional car parking on the nothern ring road, modifications to the southern car park and modication to the staff car park.
- Minor modifications to the facility entrance.
When will construction commence?
The dates of construction are not yet determined however works are likely to begin in 2021-22 at an estimated project cost of $8.7 million.
Will the centre remain open during construction?
The centre will maintain operations during construction, with temporary changes to health and fitness facilities yet to be confirmed. The City will endeavour to minimise impact on all members and user groups during construction and project updates will be communicated as the project commences.
What is the next step?
The City will work to finalise the detailed designs and then commence the tender process to appoint a builder.
How can members and customers stay up to date with the latest information?
Project updates will be communicated to members as the project progresses. Meanwhile, stay up to date with all the latest news and events at the leisure centres by subscribing to Leisure Online, at the link below.
For more information, please call 9400 4600.