Sign In / Out
Please be reminded that this is not a licensed childcare program. When arriving at the centre you will need to sign your child / children in and sign them out when collecting them after the program.
Upon sign in, parents / guardians will be issued a collection card. This must be returned when picking up your child / children. If someone different is collecting your child / children, you are required to speak with the supervisor and provide the name and details of the person. This person must present form of identification upon collecting the child / children.
Swimming and Water Activities
The holiday activities program includes aqua inflatable and games as one of the activities. This means part of the program will take place in either the indoor or outdoor swimming pool (depending on the time of year).
Children must be able to swim 10 meters unaided and have confidence in deep water.
On your enrolment form, you have indicated you child / children’s swimming ability. Only children who are able to swim 10 meters unaided will be able to participate in the water activities. Please contact the centre if you are unsure about your child / children’s swimming ability.
All children are encouraged to be sun smart. Please ensure your child has sunscreen and a rash vest.
What to Bring
Please ensure you are prepared with the following:
- Swimwear, rash vest, hat, towel and goggles;
- Water bottle; and;
- A small snack or recess (no nuts) – there is time for a break before the water activities.;
We encourage that you clearly mark all property with your child’s name. The City is not responsible for lost or damaged property.
If an accident or injury occurs during the program, appropriate first aid will be administered, and an incident form will be completed. Parents / guardians will be notified of the accident or incident and they will be required to acknowledge and sign the incident form.
If you listed any medical conditions on your enrolment form that require further explanation please contact the centre on 9400 4600 prior to your enrolment day or arrive early on the day to speak with the program supervisor.
Medication, with the exception of an epi pen for sever anaphylaxis or an asthma puffer for severe asthma will not be administered at any time.
City of Joondalup Leisure Centre staff will make every effort to ensure that the highest standards of care are offered to the children enrolled in each program. Organisers will not be liable for loss, damage or injury to property or person, occasioned as a consequence of the enrolment of any child or children in the City of Joondalup Leisure Centres program or participation in that program and as a parent you acknowledge the exclusion of liability accordingly. I give permission for the organisers of the Holiday Activities at Craigie program to:
- Obtain medical assistance for my child/children in the event of an accident or illness and agree to reimburse the organisers for any expense incurred in doing so.
- Take promotional photographs of my child/children and display these in promotional materials.
- I acknowledge that credits or refunds for missed activities unless a medical certificate is supplied.
- I accept that participation in this program is at the risk of the participants.
- I understand that I will be subscribed to Leisure Online to receive monthly updates about Leisure Centre programs, services and events.